Tips to Start Spirulina Farming Guide for Beginners: With the rising demand for agribusiness, people are searching for various ways to earn more money. And rightly so there is quite a good agribusiness available for the people where they can earn more income Returns. You have the dairy farming business, poultry farming business, aloe vera farming business, and many others. We have covered most of the business where we can get information to start them. Now we are going to let you know about the latest agribusiness where you can earn quite a good profit margins. It is Spirulina cultivation.
What is Spirulina Cultivation:
You might not know what is Spirulina. Hence we will let you know what it is. It is nothing but blue-green algae which is a rich source of protein. With the content of protein that it has it so serves supplementary for food. Not only it services supplementary covered but it also has many medicinal properties where it can treat any disease deficiencies. For example, in a glass of fruit juice or hot water, if you add 2 grams of Spirulina will get about 60% of all the essential proteins in your body.
Advantages of Spirulina:
- Sources of spirulina are a rich source of protein food.
- It can supplement food on a regular basis.
- It provides all the essential proteins necessary for the body.
- In their space travel, astronauts use Carolina as their food supplement.
- It also helps in improving the immune system of the human body.
- Scientists are regarding this Spirulina as food for the future.
These are just some of the advantages or benefits of Spirulina that we can enjoy. Now that you have got some insight into the advantages of spirulina, we are going to let you know how to start Spirulina cultivation on a commercial scale.
Where does Spirulina Grow?
So you must be having a doubt that where does this Spirulina can actually grow. Now we’re going to let you know what are the right places to cultivate our commercially grown Spirulina. You can grow this Spirulina in any closed conditions with the availability of water. Actually, you can grow this Spirulina which is a blue-green alga in any water source but to produce contamination-free Spirulina, you have to grow in closed containers. The Optimum temperature for this Spirulina cultivation is 30 35° degrees Celsius. The only thing that you require for this is a good amount of Sunlight. In concrete tanks, plastic tanks in circular or square ponds, you can produce or grow Spirulina.
Costs & Profits in Spirulina Cultivation
Material Requirements for Spirulina Cultivation:
The cultivation of Spirulina oil required certain things which we are going to let you know now. Without these things, you cannot cultivate or grow Spirulina.
- First of all, you will require a Spirulina mother culture. Since you are a newbie, you can get this from other spirulina cultivators.
- You require various fertilizers that should contain sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, potassium, phosphoric acid, urea, ferrous, and magnesium sulfate.
- You need to agitate the cultured water regularly hence you will need an agitator on a large commercial scale.
- If you are starting Spirulina cultivation on a small scale you will require a long stick to agitate the water.
- You will require a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water.
- You also need a Litmus paper for measuring the quality of water and blue-green algae.
- To fill the tanks you require a Pump of high quality.
- You have required cement tanks or water plastic tanks.
- If you are raising the Spirulina in Ponds you will require sheets of plastic.
- You will need a noodle shape maker if you want to try the Spirulina in the form of noodles.
- To make the Powder out of Spirulina you will require a crusher.
- These are the requirements that you should have before starting the cultivation of a spiral on a commercial scale. Make sure that you have all the requirements that we have mentioned above for your Spirulina cultivation.
How to Start Spirulina Farming Guide:
Now that you have seen the requirements that you should have for this Spirulina farming we are now going to let you know how to start spirulina farming. Hans has a look at the below section of this how-to start Spirulina farming guide.
First of all, you have to select a proper tank either cement or plastic for this Spirulina cultivation. You have to procure the mother’s spelling of mother cultivators and shift it to the water tanks. Along with mother culture, we should also and fertilizers and appropriate mixture. We should make sure that the container with spirulina gets enough sunshine. With proper Sunshine, Spirulina will take a minimum of 10 to 15 days to develop. In the cold season of the winter season, it will take some extra days to develop. During this process once in a while, I have to agitate the water with agitators all along with the stick. Make sure that there is no contamination during the process.
This is how you have to start Spirulina cultivation in cement or plastic water tanks. Furthermore, check below on this how to start the Spirulina farming guide for maintenance in Spirulina cultivation.
How to construct a Container for the cultivation of spirulina:
Building any pond cement tank or plastic tank is very important for the cultivation of Spirulina. But what is the best Spirulina cultivation construction? It is concluded that Spirulina is growing faster in Veda containers for the latest studies. You can grow it in rectangular or square ponds or even you can grow it in circular ponds that have a large area and minimum depth. Since you have to protect it from contamination you should grow it always in a closed container or environment. You must create rectangular tanks with a depth not exceeding 100 cm to achieve better and good performance spiral inside. This is the best spirulina cultivation house.
Maintenance or Management of Spirulina Cultivation:
You should have the only freshwater for this Spirulina cultivation. You should never add saltwater has blue-green algae might not grow saltwater. This spirulina will grow daily and she has to collect that once in a while with the cloth so that you do not contaminate it. As you remove blue-green algae daily there Rises the need for adding fresh water to the tank. Hence you have to add water once in a while with the pump that you have. Also, you should add fertilizer such as sodium bicarbonate to the water tank to help the Spirulina grow quickly.
Available on Amazon
How to Prepare Spirulina Powder or Preparation of Spirulina Powder:
We’ll let you know how to prepare Spirulina powder here. You need to take two filters from the Spirulina to remove excess air. With the help of a noodle maker, you have to try it in the form of noodles. You have to dry it in sunlight for about 2 to 3 hours. You then need to move the Spirulina bride to the crushes where you’re going to crush it to powder.
For making the Powder from Spirulina you should use only manual crushers. The reason behind this is when you use other devices you might decrease the protein content with the heat that releases from the grinders or any other machines. Once you powder the spiral Ina you should pack the kit in contamination-free plastic pouches or any other containers. Hai’s protein content Hai’s value for your Spirulina powder cultivation.
It’s all about how to continue the farming guide for Spirulina. We hope that this How to Continue Spirulina Farming Guide will give you some insight. In addition, you can contact us via the comment section if you have any doubts.