It is a dream come true for millions of families worldwide to have a house with a nice yard. When we accomplish this significant achievement, we confidently and determinedly set out to keep everything clean and tidy, including our lawns. But keeping our lawns maintained after a while becomes just another boring activity and one we sometimes put off for a week or two before we can no longer look at our overgross chore.
Unfortunately, it becomes more difficult and time-consuming to mow when we let our grass hit the overgrown stage, which in turn gives us the awkward feeling of dread when we just think of having to do it all again next week, or the week after.
We looked at some of the best robot lawn mowers with a variety of features to save you from this weekend suffering, which will keep your lawn looking permanently immaculate so that you can free up your precious time on the weekends and do more enjoyable activities such as hiking with your dad, fishing or soaking up some sunshine as you relax at home while your lawn looks like it’s maintained by a whole crew of gardeners.
What are robot lawn mowers?
Robot lawnmowers are electronic machines that cut grass autonomously with a battery-powered engine. They work most commonly inside a predetermined region bounded by low-voltage cables that need to be mounted prior to use. To avoid hitting objects, people, or animals in their way, they also typically have collision sensors.
The Best Robot Lawn Mower
1. Husqvarna AUTOMOWER 310, Robotic Lawn Mower
On this page, we have already featured a few Husqvarna robot lawnmowers. They are considered to be some of the most powerful, connectable, and easy-to-use robot lawn mowers on the market. The Husqvarna Automower 310Husqvarna Automower 310Husqvarna Automower 310Husqvarna Automower 310 is nicely positioned in the center of its range, built for a quarter of an acre or smaller yard. It can also work up to 22o on slopes, which is remarkable for a robotic lawnmower at this price.
It’s driven by secret boundary wires, just like all robot lawnmowers. This mower knows how to manoeuvre in space and returns home automatically when it needs to be charged. Using the Connect@Home app, you can monitor it, enabling you to set and change until the timing of your mower is perfect. Up to 100-feet of Bluetooth networking works. Plus, it’s quiet enough to run at night, so you don’t have to worry about waking your neighbors up.
- Up to 1⁄4 acre for yards
- Tilts up to 22o
- App Connect@Home
- Up to 100-Feet Bluetooth
- Backed by a warranty of two years
2. WORX WR140 Landroid M 20V Power Share Robotic Lawn Mower
The number of hoops you have to go through to get it working is one of the downsides of owning a machine (any machine). Some devices come with manuals, but often these are hard to understand, meaning you take a long time to set it up and may even give up halfway through in frustration.
With the WORX WR140 Landroid M 20V Robotic Lawn MowerWORX WR140 Landroid M 20V Robotic Lawn MowerWORX WR140 Landroid M 20V Robotic Lawn MowerWORX WR140 Landroid M 20V Robotic Lawn Mower, which doesn’t provide you with hoops to jump through, this is an experience you will never have to face. With convenient steps mapped out for you to get it up and running, the mower is easy to set up and there is no going back once you do this. This super-smart lawnmower robot will learn about your lawn and will recommend optima after some time.
In addition, the WORX WR140 Landroid lawn mower will cut up to 1/4 of an acre, and it ensures that your land is fertilized naturally with its steady work rate. If you are unsatisfied with the mower’s suggested mowing schedule, with the aid of the mobile app, which is easy and simple to use, you can always change it to your taste.
Not only that, the software makes it possible for you to control the robot mower to do your bidding remotely. Furthermore, it also comes with a cut-to-edge feature that allows the unit to cut closer to the border of your lawn, which, in turn, leaves you with very little work to do once the yard mower is finished.
Robot lawnmowers are not inexpensive, which is why the safety feature is so appealing on the WORX WR140 Landroid M. It includes a module ‘find my Landroid’ that alerts you about the machine is leaving its designated area in cases of theft.
- For yards with a capacity of 0.25 acres
- Up to 20º Inclines
- Protection feature,’ Find my Landroid’
- Cuts closer to the boundary lawn
- Sensor for Rain
3. Husqvarna Automower 115H Robotic Lawn Mower
The Husqvarna AutomowerHusqvarna AutomowerHusqvarna AutomowerHusqvarna Automower and all the excellent features it brings to the table have already been addressed and how it can manage your lawn better than most humans can. Although this is not the exact same item and it has several similar features, the Husqvarna Automower 115H Robotic Lawn Mower is also worth a punt for this purpose.
The Husqvarna Automower 115H, cheaper than its sister device, brings with it a quality that can not be found in just any lawnmower. It operates softly, making it ideal for night work, and it emits no gases that can be labeled as hazardous. In addition, with the power of the smartphone, you are in complete charge of the robot lawnmower, which allows you to quickly tweak the cutter’s schedule.
Bluetooth networking is also available and can function from a range of about 100 ft, allowing you the freedom to control your mower from anywhere in the house. On top of this, the movements of the mower are driven by invisible boundary wires that ensure that it does not go beyond the specified area, and it can even carry it back to its charging station to be charged.
A two-year warranty for residential use on this system has been tackled by the manufacturer, making it less a risk to buy for your home.
- For yards with a maximum of 0.4 acres
- Tilts up to 17º
- At 100ft, Bluetooth works
- Quiet Working
- Driven by concealed boundary cables
- App Connect@Home
5. Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
Not only can a big remote lawnmower keep your grass neatly clipped, but it should also remove all the work for you by shredding the grass so finely as it mows, that the tiny bits of grass fall to the ground instead of raking up the cuttings, giving your lawn the best kind of natural fertilizer that will make the new growth so much lusher.
It comes with an easy-to-install boundary wire so your mower will know exactly which area needs its attention.
This is exactly what the GARDENA 4069 R80Li Robotic LawnmowerGARDENA 4069 R80Li Robotic LawnmowerGARDENA 4069 R80Li Robotic LawnmowerGARDENA 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower does. Your lawn is going to be so gorgeously green that it’s going to be smoother than a dense pile of carpet in your house. This autonomous lawnmower runs on a long-lasting and energy-efficient lithium-ion battery. It’s all free from pollution, so it’s also perfect for the atmosphere.
The mower automatically returns to the charger when the battery begins to lose its capacity until the battery power is fully charged and ready to get to work again. Check out our guide to the finest leaf blowers if you need to clear the leaves before turning on the mower.
- For yards measuring up to 8,611 sq. ft.
- Feature anti-theft
- 0.7″ to 2″ Cutting Height
- Low and emission-free noise
- Functioning in the rain
6. Robomow RS630 Battery Powered Robotic Lawn Mower
A high-end robot lawnmower that can handle larger yards (up to 3⁄4 acres) is the Robomow RS630. Driven by a 26V lithium battery, it can operate without stopping for about 80-100 minutes and takes around 90-110 minutes to charge. Those times, however, are just estimates and could change over time.
However, since the Robomow RS630 takes care of itself, we won’t pay too much attention to the charging times. It will be set to mow almost continuously if you have a broad yard, bringing itself back to the docking station any time it wants to charge. With this awesome little gadget, your yard can look more like a golf course.
The Robomow RS630Robomow RS630Robomow RS630Robomow RS630 has been around for a couple of years, but the app and smart home features have been improved. This new model is Alexa-enabled, so by voice order, you can tell it to cut your grass. Plus, with amazing control functions and warnings, the My Robomow app has been enhanced. The Robomow RS630 is the way to go if you are looking for the ultimate robot lawn mower for broad yards.
- For yards of up to 3⁄4 acres
- Lithium battery 26V
- For 80-100 minutes, runs
- Returns immediately to the docking station
- Alexa-enabled enabled
- My app for Robomow
How do robot lawn mowers work?
Robot lawn mowers run within a predetermined zone and are fully automated. The use of a series of low voltage wires that delimit the working area makes this possible. These cables are absolutely secure and can typically be buried so that they are not tripped over accidentally.
Robot Lawn Mower Buying Guide
How We Chose the Best Robot Lawn Mowers for your Garden
Quality – One that is built to last is the best robotic lawnmower. Yard work is hard work, so we have looked at mowers that are durable and can accommodate long periods of continuous use. For many years, a good quality mower will see your lawn neat and tidy, especially if you check it from time to time and, if appropriate, change the blades.
Reviews – In our hunt for the best ones, we reviewed the robotic lawn mower reviews on hundreds of pages, so you don’t have to. Word of mouth has always been an efficient tool for customers, and now we can get a much wider insight into the goods we want to purchase, thanks to the internet. There is no better way to accurately check a product than to read the reviews of people who have some experience already.
Brand – We stayed away from inexpensive and inferior imitations and looked at the brands that manufactured superior quality machines with an international reputation. The brands are reputable and known for rigorous quality management in our guide.
Price – The average lawnmower powered by batteries is not exactly cheap, but even so, in a variety of price ranges, we tested the best models. Depending on items such as warranty periods, unique features, and the size of the yard it is capable of mowing, the price varies. It is easier to pay a little extra at the end of the day for a reliable, quality computer to prevent repeated upgrades and replacements in the future.
Features To Look For In Robot Lawn Mower
- Ease-of-Use – It may take a bit of time to initially set up your battery-powered lawn mower because you will either need to mount a boundary or perimeter wire or configure the boundary of your property into the GPS navigation of the mower. But you just want to be able to sit back and relax with the minimum effort needed on your part once you do this. When you first carry your mower home, we chose models that need a little bit of work to set up, but then you want to let the mower do its job while you just check on it once in a while.
- Quality of Cut – This is the whole goal of buying any lawnmower, but you want a model that shreds the grass cuttings into fine particles that remain on the ground and act as a natural fertilizer that will encourage a lush greener lawn, particularly with robot lawnmowers. You certainly don’t want to chase behind your mower in order to rake up the cuttings. Furthermore, you want a uniform cut of your lawn so that it looks impeccable all the time.
- Slope – Okay, so your automatic lawn mower won’t climb mountains, but chances are you don’t have a totally flat yard if you’re living on a larger property. While most automatic mowers can handle small slopes or slopes, it’s always a good idea to look for a lawnmower model that can handle every slope or slope you have on your property to make sure it’s going to do the right job for your entire yard.
- Smart Perimeter Control – Your mower will either have GPS so that you can configure the mower to only mow the lawn within the boundaries of your yard or your mower will come with a perimeter-sensitive wire that you will position around your yard and secure with pegs or staples, depending on the brand and model of robotic lawn mower you want to purchase. You can be sure, either way, that your mower would not cross into your neighbor’s territory.
- Safety – Kids are curious, of course, and it just takes a second to confuse them and you may miss watching them get into all kinds of trouble, and animals will want to attack this foreign intruder that runs around the yard. While it is always best to keep children and pets away from any form of the mower, the best robot lawn mower should have a safety feature that prevents the spinning blades automatically.
- Price – Wanting to save money is always normal, but you get what you pay for at the end of the day. The old-fashioned mower is much cheaper, but to get the mowing finished, it requires you to move it. The cost of your robotic lawn mower will depend on your yard’s size, the type of grass you have, and the characteristics you want or need. Your budget is, of course, also a significant factor. It’s simple economics to decide what you are prepared to pay and also get as many of the features you want.
It makes sense, whichever way you look at yard maintenance, to consider buying a robot lawnmower. Our working life means that a lot of us leave early in the morning and come back home late in the day. It will give you a superior-looking lawn by getting a robot lawnmower, it will, most importantly, free up your weekends for the activates that make life worth living like spending quality time with family, playing a sport, or even taking a short, weekend vacation.
We hope this guide will help you choose the best robot lawn mower for your yard and encourage you to enjoy your free time with serious company.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: